Friday, May 5, 2006

Master Cleanse 2 - The Night Before

So if you haven't heard of the Master Cleanse (MC) or the lemonade diet - it is a fast where you drink nothing but lemon juice in water with a pinch of cayenne pepper - for 10 days. Now I did this last year for 7 days, but this time around I am going for the full 10 days. It should be interesting - it many ways since I know what will happen, I know what to expect. However, since I know what to expect, there is a bit more dread. Last time around I had a really hard time with the first 2 days. And then on the 5th day, I was starving all day. Nothing I did would make me feel better. SO this time, there is little surprise involved. I know how my body will react. On the other hand, I know I can do it. I did it once, I can do it again. Of course, this time around I am doing it mostly for the weight loss, which is not the right reason to do it, but I am getting married in less than 2 months....so can you really blame me. The other reason for doing it is of course the detox aspect. Last year, I felt so great after I was done. It was the most amazing feeling to experience my body completely clean and fresh. It is hard to explain without experiencing it, but there is an amazing euphoric feeling associated with fasting. Anyway, it is the first night, and on the first night you start with a laxative tea, called Smooth Move (classy, I know). Starting with tonight, I will post my daily progress...so, stay tuned.

No comments: