Thursday, November 3, 2005

California Prop 80

I have been reading up on Prop 80. I was a bit confused to say the least. It seemed to be good for renewable energy - requiring the current energy sellers to increase renewable energy resource procurement by at least 1% each year, with 20% of retail sales procured from renewable energy by 2010, instead of current requirement of 2017. And removing the restriction that once the 20% is met they do not have to do anything more.

However, it seems that just about every organization I would normally support is against it -
California Solar Energy Industries Association and Geothermal Energy Association. So it decided to look a bit deeper.

it seems that the although deregulation has it moments of weakness in 2000 and 2001, other states have strived with deregulation. It also has encouraged more renewable sources. And I am all for more renewable energy. I found this article below to be very informative and help me make my choice to vote No on Prop 80.

TerraBlog from TerraPass | California Prop-80 and Renewable Energy: tit-for-tat or just plain tat?

2 comments:

christopherlangley6993 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

traviskline33427085 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com