Friday, May 13, 2005

Master Cleanse - One Week Later

Total Weight Loss - 9.5 lbs.

So it is been 6 days since I stopped drinking lemonade. I have been slowly reintroducing food back into my diet. I had orange juice the first two days, then moved into soups and plain salad (no dressings or oils, just vegetables), then added oils and bread. On day 4, I had eggs.
Mother’s Day was difficult, because it was the first day after the cleanse, and all I could drink was orange juice. I was surrounded by amazing Italian food and everyone was enjoying their meal, while I had glass of oj. It was a conversation starter though. I took center stage, explaining everything I did for the week and all the different hardships and triumphs. It turned out to be ok.
It is day 6 and I still have not had any dairy, meat, caffeine or alcohol. It is hard to eat at a restaurant without eating dairy or meat. Now, I haven’t eaten red meat or pork in about 13 years, so I am use to that. But I never noticed how much dairy I eat. I eat a lot of cheese. I have been continuing to lose weight and I think it is due to eating mostly veggies, rice and bread. My stomach has felt pretty good to. I think I may try to cut back on the dairy in general.
I have also not had a Diet Coke in 13 days - pretty amazing. That is also hard in restaurants, I don't know what to order, so I just get water. Oh, my continued weight loss might also be due to the enormous amount of water I have continued to drink. Since Diet Coke is out, I have continued to drink a lot of water throughout the day and during my meals.

No comments: