Sunday, May 1, 2005

Master Cleanse - Day 1 Afternoon

So yesterday I bought all the ingredients for the lemonade. I started at Trader Joes, but they did not have the senna tea or any organic lemons. I bought some of their lemons anyway since I was there. I then headed over to Wild Oats, now I have never been to Wild Oats - and I love it. They have everything that TJ has and more, including a full deli and salad bar - once I go back to eating again, I will have to go over there for some food. At Wild Oats, I was able to find everything I need, including organic lemons. So I guess I will use the one I bought from TJ, since I have them.

--

Here is the recipe for a glass - drink at least 5 a day.
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
2 tablespoons organic grade B maple syrup (must be Grade B or C - Not A)
1/10 teaspoon (a small pinch!) cayenne pepper, gradually increase
10 oz spring or distilled water - room temp or luke warm

I am making a large recipe - this is for the whole day. I put it into two 32 oz lexon plastic bottles.

12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice
12 tablespoons (3/4 cup) organic grade B maple syrup
a little over half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper or more to taste
60 oz spring or distilled water

--

So I made my first drink - I am not use to spicy foods and the cayenne pepper is HOT. I hope I can get use to it... and I still have my headache - but it is getting better.

No comments: