Saturday, April 30, 2005

Fasting

I have been doing a lot of reading on fasting, specifically juice fasting. Throughout my life I have gotten headaches and migraines. I am hoping a detoxification regime will help. Not to mention the added benefit of weight loss. One can expected to loss 2lbs a day and 1/2 of which will be gained back after the end of the fast. I have been reading up on the lemonade diet or the master cleanse process. I will post the recipe I use once I get started.

I plan on starting my fast on Sunday, tomorrow. I am going to keep a daily dairy. I hope to go 7 days, however, I am not sure if (a) I will last that long or (b) I will love it and try to go longer. I have no idea how my body or mind will react to the fasting. If anything, this will be a test of the "mind over matter" theory. Growing up, my mother always told me my mind can control everything within my body - so this week I hope it can keep me from feeling hungry or tired or going through caffeine withdrawals - or anything else that I have not even thought of yet...

So stay tuned to my daily dairy.

No comments: